Douching for bottom boys
Douching is the process of cleaning out your rectum with water. Some guys prefer to douche before anal sex, however with a healthy, high-fibre diet you should be perfectly fine to get fucked without needing to douche.
Don’t forget that human sex organs are a body’s rubbish outlet as well – it takes patience and some practice to learn how your body works, and sometimes things might not go to plan. It pays not to get too squeamish about things, and a good sense of humour can go a long way.
The case against anal douching is that it can irritate or damage the lining of the rectum, making you more susceptible to HIV infection if you don’t use any protection such as condoms or PrEP. If you're HIV negative and struggle with consistent condom use, consider taking PrEP to stay safe. These options are great to prevent the transmission of HIV, but they do not protect you against other STIs, such as gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia etc.
So there are a few different ways you can douche:
- You can buy a douche kit from most sex shops, and they’re available in anal and vaginal versions but either will work fine.
- Shower hose attachments are also available, but it is not recommend that you should use shower hose attachments because there’s a risk of sudden changes in water pressure and temperature and because your rectum doesn’t sense heat, it’s easy to burn yourself.
- Bulb-type douches, like this one here, are safer than shower hose attachments because you can control the flow of water.
- The other way to go is to try the DIY approach and use a drink bottle with a sipper top.
So, how to do it:
- It’s best to only use warm water, as soap can damage the sensitive lining of the rectum.
- Gently place the tip of the douche’s nozzle against your ass and carefully slip it in; using water-based lube will help. Try not to clench and try breathing out as you insert it. Douches vary in length and you don’t need to put it all the way in, but far enough so that the water doesn’t run out.
- Squeeze the bulb or bottle you are using, or turn the tap to let the water flow, for up to about 10 seconds (maybe less for your first time). The sensation of the water filling up will probably feel pretty strange at first.
- Hold the water in for a few moments. Take a few breaths.
- Expel the water.
- Repeat until the water that comes out looks clean
- Then shower and you’re ready to play! Some men like to wait awhile between douching and sex. This way you can be sure all the water’s drained out and allows the lining of your rectum re-adjust.